Saira Malhotra (she/they)

License information verified by TherapyDen LCSW
Accepting Clients

Therapy can help us experience more peace and pleasure with the full spectrum of emotion.

Therapist in Denver, CO

  • Free Initial Consultation
  • Contact
Services
  • Individual
  • Child
  • Adolescent/Teen

About My Clients

The last 6 years have brought immense disruption into our lives. From education to healthcare, many systems have failed us. As the world continues to adapt, you may notice lingering hopelessness, burnout, or anger. You or your loved one may be grappling with loneliness, insecurities, or general disinterest. Therapy can and will lighten these emotional loads. Regardless of your struggle, I am here to help you empower you in creating the change you are seeking.

My Background and Approach

About a decade ago, I discovered my love for the field of mental health care. I have since practiced in a variety of settings to provide outpatient therapy and crisis management to individuals across ages and demographics. Along the way, I earned my B.A. in Psychology from Boston University and my Master’s in Social Work from the University of Denver. In my training, I learned that 80% of treatment outcomes are rooted in the relationship between a therapist and their client. The remaining 20% relies on research based techniques, such as Dialectical Behavioral Therapy. I parallel these proportions in my treatment approach. My goal is to partner with you or your loved one in an honest, personalized, curious, and supportive growth environment.

My Values as a Therapist

Our work together will be guided by certain core values I've developed as a provider. Here are my top 10 at the moment: 1) We repeat what we don't repair. 2) Progress is not linear. 3) Humor is absolutely necessary in therapy. 4) All behaviors and coping strategies serve an important function, even if they are not sustainable. 5) With growth comes grief, which is why our nervous system often avoids it. 6) "Cultural competence" does not exist - you are the expert on your own experience! 7) The values of our communities and environments significantly impact how we view ourselves and others. 8) Trauma is any experience which overwhelms our internal resources for coping. 9) Psychiatric medication can provide folx a 20% treatment foundation, with therapy offering the remaining 80% of support. Medication is ultimately a personal choice. 10) Your provider works for *you.* You have every right to request a shift, express a concern, or find a new provider altogether.

I offer online counseling in the following states:
I have experience with the following
  • Christianity
  • Hinduism
  • Judaism
  • Sikhism
  • Interfaith

At A Glance

  • Experience: 6 years of practice
  • Languages: English
  • Rate: $110 - 165/session

Info

7206346573 Email Saira
2238 S. Broadway
Suite 2R
Denver, CO 80210

Reach out to Saira